Natural Remedies For Asthma – Cure Your Asthma Naturally With Home Remedies
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the air passages that carry air from the nasal area and mouth to lungs and vice versa. When a person suffers from asthma, he/she finds it difficult to breathe in outside air and thus, feel suffocated and congested. It can occur in people of all age groups, from a 2-year old kid to a 50-year old man. Since, airways become swollen during asthma, muscles around them get tightened, which causes less air to flow to lungs. Asthma is another disease that does not have a permanent cure, although, symptoms and adversity can be suppressed with treatments and procedures, but it can flare up at any point and any day.
Ginger is a well-known natural treatment for various ailments including asthma. Researchers have found that it can help reduce airway inflammation and inhibit airway contraction.
Plus, studies indicate that it has compounds that may enhance the muscle relaxant effects of certain asthma drugs.
- Mix equal quantities of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture two or three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon of ground ginger in one and a half cups of water and take one tablespoon of this mixture at bedtime.
- Cut one inch of ginger into small pieces and add it to a pot of boiling water. Let it steep for five minutes, allow it to cool down and then drink it.
- To detoxify your lungs, prepare a fenugreek decoction by boiling one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water and mixing one teaspoon each of ginger juice and honey in it. Drink this solution every morning and evening.
- You can also eat raw ginger mixed with salt.
Mustard Oil :-
When having an asthma attack, massaging with mustard oil can help clear the respiratory passagesand restore normal breathing.
- Heat some mustard oil with a little camphor.
- Transfer it in a bowl and when it is comfortably warm, gently rub it on the chest and upper back and massage.
- Do this several times a day until the symptoms subside.
The nutritional properties of figs promote respiratory health and help drain phlegm and alleviate breathing difficulties.
- Wash three dried figs and soak them in a cup of water overnight.
- In the morning, eat the soaked figs and drink the fig water on an empty stomach.
The following garlic remedy can help clear congestion in your lungs during the early stages of asthma.
- Boil two or three cloves in one-quarter cup of milk.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature and then drink it.
The caffeine in regular coffee can help control asthma attacks because it acts as a bronchodilator. Hot coffee helps relax and clear the airways to help you to breathe easier. The stronger the coffee, the better the result.
But try not to drink more than three cups of black coffee in a day. If you do not like coffee, you can opt for a cup of hot black tea. Do not use caffeine as a regular treatment though.
Eucalyptus Oil :-
Pure eucalyptus oil is an effective treatment for asthma symptoms because of its decongestant properties. Research indicates that it has a chemical called eucalyptol which can help break up mucus.
- Just put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a paper towel and keep it by your head when sleeping so that you breathe in the aroma.
- You can also put two to three drops of eucalyptus oil in a pot of boiling water and breathe in the steam. Try to take deep breaths for faster results.
With its many amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, honey is one of the most popular ingredients used traditionally for asthma relief. When you get asthma attack, your airways get inflamed and constricted making it difficult for you to breathe. Honey can effectively soothe the mucous membranes of your airways, giving you relief from cough related to asthma. Honey is specially recommended for children who struggle with night-time coughing. Here are some methods to use honey for relief from symptoms of asthma.
Ways to use honey for asthma :-
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with ½ tsp of cinnamon powder and have this once everyday.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey with a glass of water and have it every morning.
- Add 1 tsp of honey with ½ tsp of thyme powder and have it 2-3 times a day.
- Take 1 tsp honey, ¼ cup of onion juice, and 1/8 tsp of black pepper. Have this mixture for instant relief from breathlessness and chest congestion due to asthma cough.
- Mix 1 tbsp honey with ½ tsp of dried sunflower seeds powder. Have this twice a day.
- Fill a bowl with honey. Hold this bowl beneath your nose and inhale. This will bring relief when you feel breathless.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey with 1 cup of warm water. Have this every night before going to sleep.
Fruit Remedies for Asthma :-
Diet is also important for managing asthma. While fruits have lots of antioxidants in them and generally beneficial for your health, there are certain fruits that if taken in traditional prescribed ways can cure asthma effectively. Here are some fruits and the ways they can be used to cure your asthma.
- Banana: Get a ripe banana and place it on a slow flame to warm it up. Now, mash this warm banana and sprinkle a little black pepper on it. Have this mashed banana to get instant relief from asthma bout.
- Dry Grapes: Soak a handful of dry grapes in water overnight. Remove the seeds before soaking them. Have them in the morning.
- Pomegranate: Mix pomegranate juice, ginger juice and honey in equal quantities. Have 1 tbsp of this mixture twice or thrice a day.
- Vitamin C fruits: Having more of vitamin C will relieve you of wheezing related to asthma. Have 2-3 glasses of orange juice in a day. You may also have papaya, blueberries and strawberries that are also rich sources of vitamin C.
Mint Remedy for Asthma :-
The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of mint soothes your respiratory tract to give you relief from breathlessness. It acts as an expectorant and expels phlegm out of your system. While you can inhale the vapors of mint, it’s better if you make mint tea and have it hot to relax your swollen throat.
- Mint leaves- 6-8
- Holy basil leaves- 4-5
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Pepper corns- 4-5
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Boil water
- Crush mint and basil leaves and add them to boiling water.
- Let it boil till the leaves get dark brown.
- Add the ginger to the tea.
- Crush the pepper corns and add this too.
- Put off the flame and strain your tea.
- Add honey to this.
- Take the cup with steaming mint tea beneath your nose and inhale for some time.
- When the tea gets a little less hot, sip it slowly feeling the hot solution going down your throat relieving you of all pain and discomfort.
At the End, Consult your Doctor always and get proper advice from them. Above content is just universal and may/may not apply to all Individual.