How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster
One day I saw a bob hairstyle in a magazine and decided to go for it! So, I got rid of my long and shiny, at the time, locks and was happy with my new, easily manageable and cute bob hairstyle. But, as the time went by, I started to miss my long, gorgeous hair, just as it happens to most girls, who cut their long strands, carried away by the fleeting impulse of enthusiasm. So, I started to look for answers to the question that many ladies ask: ‘How to make your hair grow faster?’ If you are in similar situation, or you just wonder what makes hair grow faster, let me share with you some tips.
The rate at which your hair grows is genetic and it normally grows at around a quarter to a half an inch every month. You can, however, do things to increase the growth rate of your hair and improve on the thickness and the healthiness of your locks. If you want long and luscious locks of hair, then read these ten tips on how to make your hair grow longer, faster and more beautiful:
Keep your scalp healthy :-
- Think of your hair like a tree: If the soil and roots aren’t taken care of, the tree can’t grow tall and solid.
- “Hair growth starts with a healthy scalp,” explains celebrity hairstylist and WEN founder Chaz Dean.
- “When you cleanse and treat your scalp with healthy ingredients, you product strong, beautiful hair.
- ” If you’re not sure how healthy your hair is, Chaz recommends doing a “root lift test”:
- At the crown of your head, hold up a section of your hair.
- Healthy hair should be the same thickness root to end, but if your ends are thinner, it’s time to rethink your haircare regimen.
Skip the daily shampoo :-
- Good news: Your hair care routine just got a whole lot simpler.
- By now, you’ve likely heard all the testimonials attributing great hair to going “no ‘poo,” but do you know why it actually helps your hair? “Shampooing your hair two to three times a week is a general rule,” says Paves.
- “This allows your natural oils to penetrate your hair, allowing it to hydrate and repair itself.”
- But just be sure not to let too much buildup occur.
Stop doing trendy cleanses :-
- Diet companies may try to convince you that a “cleanse” will turn your whole life around, but Dueñas strongly advises against them.
- “Doing a cleanse is terrible for your hair because you’re depriving your body of nutrients,” he warns.
- “After doing a cleanse even for a week, you’ll notice slower hair growth and lackluster locks.”
Cold Water Rinse :-
- Before you step out of the shower, douse your mane in cold water for a few seconds.
- This will help seal your hair cuticles, and prevent moisture loss and heat damage.
- Alternatively, avoid using scalding hot water when washing you hair, as it can weaken your strands.
Don’t cut fat out of your diet :-
Healthy fats are indispensable to hair growth. Without fat in your diet, your body cannot maintain healthy hair.
- Fat is also very important to the body because it helps it assimilate vitamins that are necessary for hair growth, like Vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Be sure to limit your fat into to a healthy level and focus on unsaturated fats and fatty acids such as Omega 3.
Take B vitamins to avoid hair loss :-
Anecdotally, B vitamin supplements and topical applications have gained a significant following among those trying to speed up hair growth.
- Though there is little scientific evidence that increased consumption of B Vitamins such as riboflavin and biotin actually leads to healthier hair, deficiencies of these vitamins can lead to hair loss or thinning. Consult with your physician before taking any supplements since hair loss could be a result of something other than a Vitamin B deficiency.
- Good sources of B vitamins include seafood, spinach, oatmeal and other whole grains, soybean products, lean dairy, lean meats, bananas, lentils, potatoes (with the skin), peas, beets, broccoli, and artichokes.
Use castor oil :-
Being rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, especially omega-9 fatty acids, castor oil promotes hair growth naturally.
- As this oil is quite viscous, mix the castor oil with an equal amount of coconut, olive, or almond oil. Massage your scalp with it and leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes. Then shampoo your hair.
- You can also add essential oils, especially rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, or thyme oil, to the castor oil and then put it in your hair.
Massage your scalp :-
- Massaging promotes blood flow to the scalp, which in turn stimulates the hair follicles.
- In addition, deep condition your hair once a week with a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning hair mask.
- Apply the oil (preferably warm) or conditioner to your hair.
- Gently rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
- Rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
Stay stress-free :-
- Stress is one of the most important factors that contribute to hair loss.
- It is believed that stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and trigger hairs to enter the telogen or fall-out phase.
- Thus, when striving for faster hair growth, minimize the stress in your life.
- To manage stress, you can use meditation, breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques.
- Plus, be sure to get your beauty sleep as the growth hormone is released during sleep.
Whip up an egg mask :-
- Eggs are highly beneficial for faster hair growth because they are packed with protein and also contain iron, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.
- You can use an egg hair mask at least once a month.