Home Remedy to Improve Memory and Concentration for Kids & Adult
Having trouble remembering where you left your car keys? Forgot to pick up an item from the grocery store? Has the appointment with your doctor that you scheduled last week totally slipped your mind? Weak memory can be quite frustrating in everyday life!
Memory problems are a quite common complaint, especially with increasing age. Various other factors can affect your memory like sleep deprivation, stress, depression, nutritional deficiencies (particularly B vitamins), underactive or overactive thyroid, drinking alcohol, smoking and use of certain medications.
Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions can also cause memory problems along with other symptoms. When dealing with such serious issues, it is best to consult an expert for proper diagnosis and treatment.
For general memory problems though, you can try some natural home remedies and incorporate healthy lifestyle changes.
This Ayurvedic herb has great mental benefits. It works as a brain tonic and has antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.
A 2008 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that brahmi (scientific name bacopa monnieri) helped improve word recall memory and decrease depression and anxiety. The study was conducted on healthy individuals age 65 and older.
- Consume one to two teaspoons of juice extracted from brahmi leaves two or three times a day. You can also add a little honey.
- Alternatively, you can mix one-quarter to one-half teaspoon of brahmi powder in a cup of warm milk, add a pinch of cardamom and drink it once or twice daily. You can also add a little clarified butter, also called ghee.
- Another option is to take this herb as a supplement by taking 300 mg of standard extract daily. Consult your doctor first.
Follow any of these remedies for at least a few weeks.
Asian Ginseng :-
Asian ginseng is traditionally used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine as a memory enhancer. Scientists, too, are studying the memory-boosting potential of this herb. You can also use it in combination with ginkgo biloba.
Ginseng should not be taken for a prolonged period of time, but you can take it in cycles. You can take this herb for two or three weeks, take a break for three weeks and then start again. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
Note: Asian ginseng may interfere with certain medications and is not recommended for children.
Pistachio nuts :-
- Weak memory may be due to thiamine deficiency.
- Pistachio nuts are rich sources of thiamine. ½ a cup of this weighs 0.54 mg of thiamine content.
- The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of thiamine for men is 1.5mg and for women it is 1.1 mg for 50 years of age or younger.
- Fruits play an important role in alleviating weak memory condition.
- The fruits rich in phosphorus are considered as the best home remedy for memory weakness.
- Apple, grapes, figs, dates and oranges are considered to be more effective home remedy for weak memory.
Cinnamon and Honey :-
Cinnamon and honey are useful for mitigating apprehensive pressure and enhancing memory. Examination demonstrates that essentially inhaling cinnamon can help upgrade memory and cognitive function.
Besides, it is accepted that consuming honey around evening time before going to sleep aides anticipate nighttime metabolic anxiety. It likewise advances sleep, which plays a discriminating role in the solidification of memory.
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon in around one teaspoon of crude honey.
- Consume this mixture day by day around evening time for a couple of months.
Fish Oil :-
Fish oil supplements have been known to help enhance memory and lessen cognitive decline, because of the large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) found in fish oil might likewise help prevent the arrangement of brain plaques connected to Alzheimer’s sickness.
- Take fish oil supplements containing no less than 600 mg DHA, every day. For proper measurement and suitability, counsel your specialist.
- You can likewise incorporate fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines in your food.
Vitamin D :-
- Vitamin D can lift your mood, banish depression, improve memory, and increase problem-solving ability.
- Sun exposure is the best source, but few people who live in North America or much of Europe can realistically get the sun they need year round.
- Anywhere from 40% to 90% of US adults and over 1 billion people worldwide are vitamin D deficient.
- Unless you live in a warm, sunny climate and spend a lot of time outside without sunscreen, you almost certainly need to supplement.
Almond-Milk Shake :-
This home remedy holds good for the students and also the persons who are engaged in mental work. You should keep in mind that this boiled almond milk shake should be taken in empty stomach and also not to take any food for minimum of two hours after drinking this boiled almond milk shake.
- Allow seven almonds to stay overnight in water.
- In the morning, peel and grind them into paste.
- Mix this paste in a glass of milk.
- Boil the almond-milk shake for some time.
- Drink the milk shake for 15 to 40 days continuously to improve your memory