Home Remedies For White Patches
As per an estimate, about 1.5% of people in the world are affected by Vitiligo.
- Vitiligo (leucoderma) is a distressing skin condition marked by gradual loss of melanocytes, the cells responsible for producing melanin pigment in skin layers which results in irregular white patches.
- The only physical discomfort associated with Vitiligo is the intolerance to sunlight, but it applies only when a large area of skin is exposed directly to sunlight. Vitiligo is an otherwise benign skin condition that causes no physical harm.
- However, Vitiligo causes great psychological stress and embarrassment to the patient which can be more painful than any physical pain. The condition thus, besides being a medical problem, also becomes a social stigma.
Vitiligo is an ugly skin disease in which the skin cells that produce melanin and pigment are destroyed. Melanin is the crucial substance that gives us natural skin color. When people get vitiligo, the hair in the affected areas will become white. This skin condition is extremely terrible because it makes us become “freaks”. That is the reason why today I am going to list down here 36 effective & natural home remedies for vitiligo disease that you should not neglect if you want to get rid of vitiligo within a very short period of time.
Babchi or Psoralea corylifolia is considered an effective Ayurvedic remedy for hypopigmentation. Its active components help reduce white patches on skin. It also has antipsoriatic properties that help treat psoriasis.
- Soak babchi (also known as bakuchi) seeds in ginger juice for three day. Make sure to replace the ginger juice every day. Then, remove the husks by rubbing the seeds between your hands, dry them in the sun and grind them to a fine powder. Consume one gram or about one-fifth of a teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk daily for 40 days. You can also apply this power topically.
- Another option is to apply babchi oil on the affected skin areas and expose to sunlight for about 15 minutes (start with a short duration of sun exposure to check if the response is favorable). You can also use a combination of black seed oil and babchi oil.
Ginkgo Biloba :-
Research indicates that ginkgo biloba can help treat vitiligo because of its antioxidant and immunomodulatory properties. It can help reduce the progression of the disease and also induce repigmentation.
The general dosage is 40 to 80 mg of ginkgo biloba, three times a day. To help determine the proper dosage and suitability of this herb for you, consult your doctor.
Coconut Oil :-
Coconut oil soothes the skin and heals chronic inflammation. It helps in the treatment of vitiligo because it promotes repigmentation of the skin. Plus, it has antifungal and antibacterial benefits.
Simply apply extra-virgin coconut oil on the white patches two to three times a day at least for a few weeks.
According to Chinese herbalism, ginger can be used as an excellent natural remedy for vitiligo. Itimproves blood circulation and helps with melanin production.
- Place a freshly cut slice of ginger root on the affected area. Leave it on until the ginger dries. Do this once or twice daily for a few weeks or until you see improvement.
- You can also extract the juice from one large ginger root and a handful of fresh mint leaves. Drink it daily for a few weeks.
Copper is believed to help aid in the production of melanin. It is believed that copper is required by the enzyme tyrosinase which in turn is required for the synthesis of melanin pigment from tyrosine.
- Pour drinking water in a copper pot or a copper vessel and let it sit overnight at room temperature. (Do not put this water in a refrigerator as it can destroy its properties and make it less effective.)
- In the morning, the water will be infused with copper ions that aid the production of melanin.
- Drink this water on an empty stomach every morning.
Red Clay :-
Red clay, too, has high copper content that can help restore skin pigment and get rid of white patches.
- Mix equal amounts of red clay and ginger juice.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas
- Leave it on until it dries completely and then wash it off.
- Repeat daily for a few months.
Radish Seeds :-
Applying a paste of ground radish seeds and vinegar is popular Ayurvedic remedy for white patches on skin caused by vitiligo or leukoderma.
- Grind about 25 grams of radish seeds into a coarse powder.
- Mix it with two teaspoons of vinegar to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this daily for a few months.
Turmeric Reduce White Patches :-
Turmeric is an excellent skin rejuvenating agent and can help treat Vitiligo effectively. Turmeric also contains antibacterial properties that help get rid of bacteria causing the infection. Added to this is the potent antiseptic property of turmeric that would promote quick healing of the infected skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar Reduce White Patches :-
Vitiligo is sometimes caused by bacterial or fungal infections that can eat away the skin and inhibit the production of enough melanin to replace the lost skin cells. In these cases, applying diluted apple cider vinegar (contains acidic properties that inhibit bacterial growth) above the white patches can help eradicate the infection and reduce the appearance of the patches.
Mix water and apple cider vinegar in the ration 2:1 and apply the mixture over the white patches at regular intervals throughout the day. You can also use the solution to wash the infected skin. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath and soak in it for about 15 minutes every day to get rid of white patches naturally.
Honey Reduce White Patches :-
Honey is known for its antifungal properties that help deal with a number of skin related infections and ailments, including white spots. An added benefit of honey is that it is easily absorbed by the skin and starts its work of fighting off the harmful fungi and bacteria in the affected regions almost as soon as you apply it on the skin.Wash the infected areas with a mild soap and pat them dry. Apply some raw honey directly on the white spots (and other infected areas of the skin). Rinse off the honey with warm water after about 20 minutes. You can also make a paste of honey (2 tbsp.), turmeric powder (2 teaspoons), sandalwood powder (1 tbsp.) and sandalwood powder (1tbsp.).
Apply this paste over the infected areas and wait for at least 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Continue doing this to get rid of the white spots and make your skin youthful and radiant again.
Cabbage Leaves Reduce White Patches :-
Cabbage leaves are often used in many home remedies for white spots on the skin. Extract the juice of raw, fresh cabbage leaves (at least 3-4 leaves). Add a few drops of this juice to the white spots and wait for 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water.You can also place cabbage leaves directly on the affected area. Make some holes on the leaves with a toothpick or fork and place them on the spots for at least 10 minutes before washing the area with lukewarm water.You can also boil some cabbage leaves in water, strain the resultant solution, cool it, and then use it to rinse the affected area at least 3-4 times a day for effective results. Eating plenty of cabbages would also do the trick.