Health Benefits Of Camu Camu
Camu camu is a lemon sized tangy fruit grown on the riverbanks of the rain forests of Amazon basin. It has recently started coming in the limelight because of its amazing therapeutic benefits. Though research is still being carried on, what we know for sure is that this fruit is extremely rich in vitamin C and contains 1180% of vitamin our body needs. It is usually sold as tablets or in powder form which is now available online. Japan is the biggest buyer of Camu camu.
Vitamin C Content to Camu Camu :-
- There’s no way to talk about camu camu without first mentioning the massive amount of vitamin C found in this remarkable little drupe.
- Camu camu has one of the highest concentrations ofvitamin C of any food source, and since vitamin C is not only vital for human health, but also impossible to naturally create in our bodies, having a rich source like camu camu is a huge advantage.
- Also, the synthetic vitamin C that has recently been injected into foods to boost their potency is not nearly as beneficial as naturally occurring vitamin C.
- Ascorbic acid stimulates white blood cell production, which significantly boosts the immune system, and is also a key component in collagen production, which helps repair and develop cells, tissues, and organs.
- Just as a comparison, camu camu has 200 times more vitamin C than a banana in terms of vitamin C per ounce.
Cognitive Ability to Camu Camu :-
- The various antioxidant effects of camu camu, some of which are derived from the huge amount of vitamin C, also help to eliminate plaque build-up in the cognitive pathways, often caused by free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Camu camu has been linked to preventing certain cognitive disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- It can also boost cognitive ability in younger people, increasing focus, memory, and concentration skills.
Anti-Inflammatory Activity :-
- Vitamin C is a natural anti-inflammatory substance, but the other nutrients and amino acids found in camu camu, such as anthocyanins, catechins, and flavonols, are also potent anti-inflammatory agents.
- For people who suffer from everything from arthritis and gout to hemorrhoids and headaches, camu camu can offer pain relief and soothe inflammation.
Cancer Prevention :-
- Everyone is looking for the magical cure for cancer, and while it hasn’t been discovered yet,
- Antioxidant compounds like those found in such abundance in camu camu, are often considered the best natural remedy to prevent the development or spread of certain types of cancers.
- Camu camu has dozens of antioxidant compounds in its tiny little package, so load up on these cancer-fighting drupes whenever you can!
Mood Swings :-
- Some research has indicated that camu camu can have a relaxing effect on the body, acting almost as a sedative, which can certainly help to balance mood swings and soothe mental anxiety.
- Although the exact pathway isn’t completely clear, the high levels of magnesium and other vitamins that reduce inflammation and calm the body are likely the cause behind this important health benefit, particularly for people suffering from depression or menopausal mood swings.
Anti- Ageing :-
- Camu camu is known to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- The vitamin C present in it helps to build collagen which is primarily responsible for maintaining the skin elasticity.
- The breakdown of these blocks of collagen leads to the formation of wrinkles and lines in the skin.
Eye Problems :-
- Optic health deteriorates after the age of 55 and can lead to complications such as macular degeneration.
- The vitamin C in camu camu can help fight these diseases and protect the degeneration of eyesight.
Cognitive Imbalance And Brain Diseases :-
- Valine is an essential amino acid found in camu camu that our bodies are unable to produce.
- It is sourced from our food intake and it helps to maintain the nerve functions of the body.
- Camu camu contains valine and is also known to have a significant effect on the working of the brain and prevent conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.