Health Benefits of Tamarind
The health benefits of tamarind have been well-studied and include the ability to reduce inflammation throughout the body, improve eye health, boost respiratory health, heal skin conditions, improve the digestive system, relieve pain, increase the strength of the immune system, reduce fever, lower cholesterol to improve cardiovascular health, treat piles, prevent cancer, and even protect children against parasites and worms.
Benefits of Tamarind :-
- Tamarind juice is a mild laxative.
- Tamarind is used to treat bile disorders
- Tamarind lowers cholesterol
- Tamarind promotes a healthy heart
- The pulp, leaves and flowers, in various combinations, are applied on painful and swollen joints.
- Tamarind is use as a gargle for sore throats, and as a drink to bring relief from sunstroke.
- The heated juice is used to cure conjunctivitis. Eye drops made from tamarind seeds may be a treatment for dry eye syndrome.
- Tamarind seed polysaccharide is adhesive, enabling it to stick to the surface of the eye longer than other eye preparations.
- Tamarind is used as a diuretic remedy for bilious disorders, jaundice and catarrh.
- Tamarind is a good source of antioxidants that fight against cancer.
- Tamarind reduces fevers and provides protection against colds. Make an infusion by taking one ounce of pulp, pour one quart of boiling water over this and allow to steep for one hour. Strain and drink tepid with little honey to sweeten. This will bring down temperature by several degrees.
- Tamarind helps the body digest food
- Tamarind applied to the skin to heal inflammation
- The red outer covering of the seed is an effective remedy against diarrhea and dysentery.
- Juice extracted from the flowers is given internally for bleeding piles.
Digestive Health :-
Heart Health :-
Weight Loss :-
Anti-Inflammatory Capacity :-
Immune System :-
Nourishes skin and hair :-
Tamarind is a great tonic for both the skin and the hair. For the skin, it can help reduce inflammation and irritation and is a common folk remedy for conditions like hemorrhoids, which are largely caused by swelling and inflammation. Topically, it can also be used for conditions like cellulite and help smooth the skin and reduce dimpled appearances. It can also be used as a remedy against hair loss or hair thinning due to age or hormonal imbalances.
Regulates blood sugar levels :-
With diabetes reaching epidemic proportions in the United States, tamarind’s ability to help with day-to-day diabetic management may boost its popularity. Certain active compounds in tamarind have been shown to act in much the same way that insulin does in the body, lowering insulin resistance and thus overall blood sugar levels.
Lowering Cholesterol :-
Tamarind like other organic foods plays an important role in the body of lowering potentially harmful cholesterol levels and keeping your heart healthy. By lowering cholesterol tamarind prevents development of heart and cardiovascular diseases thereby increasing longevity and chances of living a healthy and disease free life.