Health Benefits Of Mango
When you savor delicious and succulent mangoes every season, you probably don’t think about the immense health benefits coming with every bite. Beyond the sweet, luscious taste of mangoes, they also contain an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that assure your optimum health.
- For decades, mangoes have been used to soothe stomachs.
- Similar to papayas, mangoes contain certain enzymes with stomach comforting properties.
- As the popularity of mangoes has spread, many food manufacturers have introduced jellies, jams, squash, pickles, marinades and spices that include pure mango flavor.
- A common nickname for mangoes is actually ‘the king of fruits’.
- Mango is rich in fiber, so if you have at least one mango every day in your diet, you are almost guaranteed to prevent constipation, piles and symptoms of a spastic colon.
- Research and studies published at Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety have demonstrated that dietary fiber has a positive effect on eliminating degenerative diseases, including certain cancers and heart conditions.
- Now you have even more reasons to include this delicious fruit in your daily diet.
Helps in Diabetes :-
- Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood.
- The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning.
- Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
Improved Sex :-
- Mangoes are a great source of vitamin E.
- Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin E was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (as from whole food) does help in this area.
Improves Digestion :-
Papayas are not the only fruit that contain enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangoes also helps digestion and elimination.
Remedy for Heat Stroke :-
Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body. From an Ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.
Boosts Immune system :-
The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangoes, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Keeps Blood Pressure Under Control :-
- Mangoes have an impressive vitamin content that assures overall health.
- They are rich in potassium (4% in 156 mg) and magnesium (2% in 9 mg), and mangoes are great natural remedies for high blood pressure patients.
- They also contain selenium, calcium, iron and phosphorus.
- Mangoes are said to be vitamin powerhouses as they are rich in riboflavin, vitamin B6, A, C, E, K, niacin, folate, thiamin and panthothenic acid.
- These components help you to avoid a host of diseases that can come from deficiencies of these vitamins and minerals.
- The vitamin E content in mangoes can even help to boost your sex life by triggering the activity of your sex hormones.
Cancer Prevention and Heart Health :-
- Mangoes have high amounts of pectin, a soluble dietary fiber that efficiently contributes to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Pectin can also help prevent you from developing prostate cancer.
- Recently, studies at The Institute for Food Research discovered that a compound within pectin combines with galectin 3 (a protein playing significant role in all the stages of cancer).
- The European Prospective Investigation of Cancer also has come up with a strong association between eating mango and lowering the risk of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
Weight Gain :-
- Mango consumption is one of the easiest ways to gain weight.
- 150g of mango has around 86 calories, which can be absorbed easily by the body.
- Moreover, mangoes contain starch, which transforms into sugar that aids in gaining weight.
- Some people work hard to put on weight for a variety of reasons, and mango should definitely be a part of their diet.
- Mango milkshakes will accelerate the process of gaining weight since they also contain milk, and are notoriously delicious!
Promotes Brain Health :-
- Mangoes have abundant quantities of vitamin B-6, which is vital for maintaining and improving the brain’s function.
- These vitamins aid in the amalgamation of the major neurotransmitters that contributes in determining mood and the modification of sleeping patterns.
- Mangoes naturally provide significant quantities of this vitamin. With mangoes as a part of your diet, you can be assured of a healthy brain and effective nerve functioning.
- You will also be avoiding medicinal supplements, which have a long list of possible side effects.
- The Glutamine acid content in mangoes also improves concentration and the power of your memory.
Bone health :-
- Low intakes of vitamin K have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture.
- Adequate vitamin K consumption can be achieved by eating a proper intake of fruits and vegetables, and is important for improving calcium absorption essential for optimal bone health.
Skin and Hair :-
- Mangoes also great for your hair because they contain vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized.
- Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
- Adequate intake of vitamin C, which 1-cup of mango per day can provide, is needed for the building and maintenance of collagen, which provides structure to skin and hair.