Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Lemon water’s primary ingredient is, of course, water. Flavoring your water with fresh lemon to make it more palatable can help its appeal, making you likely to reach for it more often. And drinking enough water is essential for optimal health. It’s your body’s main chemical component, making up roughly 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in the body depends on water to function properly. Water flushes toxins out of vital organs, delivers nutrients to cells and creates a moist environment for tissues in the ear,
Health Benefits Of Lemon Water :-
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
Gives your immune system a boost :-
Vitamin C is like our immune system’s jumper cables, and lemon juice is full of it. The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommended popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days.
Freshens your breath :-
It also helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis (say wha?). Because the citric acid can erode tooth enamel, either hold off on brushing your teeth after drinking lemon water or brush your teeth before drinking it.
Helps to cut out caffeine :-
I didn’t believe this until I tried it, but replacing my morning coffee with a cup of hot lemon water has really done wonders! I feel refreshed, and no longer have to deal with that pesky afternoon crash. Plus, my nerves are thankful.
Helps fight viral infections :-
Warm lemon water is the most effective way to diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats. Plus, with the lemon juice also boosting your immune system, you’ll simultaneously fight off the infection completely.
Asthma Treatment :-
Lemon has been listed in countless home remedies lists as one of the best natural treatments for asthma that’s because it is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights free radicals which causes smooth muscle contraction and airway constriction, both symptoms of asthma. It also helps clear out mucus from air vessels.
Balances Blood Sugar Levels :-
Lemon is rich in a compound called Bioflavonoids which gives this fruit its yellow color. This same compound also naturally stimulates the production of insulin in our body that in turn balances our blood sugar levels which can help people who have diabetes.
Dissolves Phlegm :-
Citric acid present in lemon will dissolve phlegm. In addition to that it is rich in antioxidants like Vitamin C and K that help fight off cough and colds. The traditional concoction involves combining lemon with warm water and honey. Warm water in a way sooths irritation (at the same time is a decongestant) caused by cough. William Sears says that honey is a very effective at dissolving phlegm, more effective than cough syrups.