Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
There are so many people around the world who are suffering from Diabetes (high blood sugar levels). Now days Diabetes has become a universal & very common heath problem. The main cause of Diabetes is lack of enough insulin productions or absolutely no insulin to manage the glucose level of in our blood. Among them around 30-40 percentage of the people are totally unaware that they have serious health problem like Diabetes.
Diabetes should be controlled otherwise the patient has a drastically higher risk of developing health complications. In this article, we will discuss some effective & simple home remedies for diabetes.
Aloe Vera Herbal Mixture :-
• Aloe vera gel- 1 tsp
• Bay leaves powder- 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
• Add bay leaves powder and turmeric powder to aloe vera gel
• Mix well
• Have this mixture daily before lunch and dinner.
You can also mix 1-2 tsp of aloe vera juice with a glass of buttermilk and have it daily.
Bitter Gourd :-
Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, can be helpful for controlling diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. It tends to influence the glucose metabolism all over your body rather than a particular organ or tissue.
It helps increase pancreatic insulin secretion and prevents insulin resistance. Thus, bitter gourd is beneficial for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. However, it cannot be used to entirely replace insulin treatment.
- Drink some bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach each morning. First remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice. Add some water and then drink it. Follow this treatment daily in the morning for at least two months.
- Also, you can include one dish made of bitter gourd daily in your diet.
Fenugreek is an herb that can also be used to control diabetes, improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels due to its hypoglycaemic activity. It also stimulates the secretion of glucose-dependent insulin. Being high in fiber, it slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and sugars.
- Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Drink the water along with the seeds in the morning on an empty stomach. Follow this remedy without fail for a few months to bring down your glucose level.
- Another option is to eat two tablespoons of powdered fenugreek seeds daily with milk.
Mango leaves :-
Mango leaves are very beneficial in diabetes. Cut 3-4 green mango tree leaves and boil them in glass of water for 10 minutes. Strain the water and drink it. You can add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice & pinch of black pepper in it to improve the taste. Drink this water 4-5 times a week for best result.
Water helps to mobilize sugar levels of the body and also maintains a healthy glucose level inside the body. Studies have exposed that consuming 2.5 liters of water a day have shown drastic improvement in the condition of people, suffering from diabetes mellitus.
Although, jamun is not available throughout the year, but consuming it during the season can be really beneficial in keeping diabetes at bay. It is advised to consume at least 100 grams of this incredible fruit every day in the season, to cure the problem.
Due to its vitamin C and high fiber content, eating guava can be really helpful in maintaining the blood sugar level. It is best for diabetics not to eat the skin of the fruit so peel it first. However, too much consumption of guava in a day is not recommended.
Barley, besan :-
- Prepare mixture of wheat flour, barley (jau) flour, gram (besan), soya bean flour, moong dal (green gram), toor daal (pigeon peas) in equal proportion and add this flour in your diet.
- There are some flours you can use in your diabetes diet.
- But, none of them work exactly like our regular flour. Coconut flour, soy flour and Almond flour are a few.
- These flour don’t have gluten, which means they will not rise like regular flour.
Neem Margosa Leaves :-
- Known for its antibacterial and antifungal effects, neem is also beneficial for diabetes due to its anti-hyperglycemic activity.
- Leaves of Neem, also known as Margosa, are bitter in taste.
- These leaves enhance insulin receptor sensitivity.
- Not only this they also improve blood circulation by dilating the blood vessels, lower blood glucose levels and gradually reduce the patient’s dependence on hypoglycemic drugs.
Holy Basil Leaves :-
- Holy basil is a medicinal herb having a number of beneficial health properties.
- Also known as tulsi, basil is antiasthemitic, antistress, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antitumor, gastric antiulcer, antioxidant, antimutagenic and immunostimulant apart from being anti-diabetic.
- Leaves of holy basil reduce fasting blood glucose significantly.
- Basil is composed of antioxidants and essential oils.
- Combined with its other beneficial compounds, basil leaves helps beta cells of pancreas function in a proper manner. They enhance the secretion of insulin.