How to Heal Cracked Feet
Cracked feet, also known as heel fissures, are a common problem for people of all ages, mostly caused by lack of moisture.
Other causes include, standing for long hours, using harsh soaps, cold weather, continuous exposure to water, being overweight, and wearing improper footwear. Conditions like eczema, psoriasis, thyroid disease and diabetes can also contribute to this problem.
Some of the signs and symptoms of cracked feet are red or flaky patches, peeling skin, itchiness, bleeding from the cracks and pain.
Lemon, Salt, Glycerine, Rose Water Foot Mask to heal cracked feet:-
One of the first steps towards having a pair of beautiful feet is to heal them, and that is why this foot mask is absolutely perfect home remedy for cracked heels.
- Take a basin of warm water in which you’ll be dipping your feet and add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerine and rose water. Soak in your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
- Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
- Take 1tsp undiluted glycerine, 1 tsp rose water and 1tsp lemon juice and after mixing, apply over your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
Honey to heal cracked feet:-
Honey is great to moisturise your feet and has great antibacterial properties.
- Mix one cup of honey to half a bucket of warm water.
- Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub off gently for soft and supple feet.
Olive Oil to heal cracked feet:-
Virgin olive oil is one of the most natural ways to get smooth soft healthy heels.
- Apply some extra virgin olive oil with the help of a cotton ball and gently massage your feet in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
- Wear a pair of thick cotton socks and wash off after an hour.
- Next, take 1 tbsp olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil or lavender oil in a small bottle and add an equal amount of water to it. mix it properly to get a thick solution.
- Apply this homemade foot cream on your feet a few times in the day and also overnight.
Vegetable Oil to heal cracked feet:-
Dry skin on the heels is one of the foremost reasons behind the cracking. This home remedy for dry skin helps combat this problem.
- After washing your feet and cleaning and drying them up completely, apply a layer of vegetable oil on the cracked parts of your feet.
- Wear a pair of thick socks and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash off and repeat for a few days to get smooth and healed feet.
Banana or Banana and Avocado Foot Mask to heal cracked feet:-
- Take the pulp of a ripe banana and apply over cracked parts of the heel and feet.
- Keep on for about 10 minutes and wash off.
You can also create a foot mask at home using a ripe banana and avocado.
- Take a ripe banana and half an avocado, or the flesh of half a coconut (green coconut). Blend everything in a blender together.
- Apply this thick creamy paste over your heels and feet.
As avocados and coconut are rich in several essential oils and vitamins and fats, this paste will help treat cracked heels and keep them soft and moisturised.
Sesame Oil to heal cracked feet:-
- Apply sesame oil on your heels and any cracked parts each night before going to bed. This is a great cracked heels solution for feet.
- Massage well till it mixes in the skin.
Along with these simple home remedies, you can add beauty to your feet through a pedicure. You don’t have to be spending big money at parlour for pedicures. A few simple and natural foot care ideas can work wonders at curing your cracked heels. They are budget friendly as well. The result? You’re the owner of peacock feather soft, beautiful heels! Let’s check the steps of an interesting fruit pedicure process at home now. Do follow it every weekend.
Paraffin Wax to heal cracked feet:-
You can also use paraffin wax to remove the dead, dry skin and cure cracked feet. It will also work as a natural emollient to soften the skin and retain the natural oils on the skin.
- Heat some paraffin wax in a microwave or double-boiler and add an equal amount of mustard oil or coconut oil to it.
- Apply this thick creamy paste on the cracks and put on a pair of socks.
- Leave it on overnight and wash your feet thoroughly in the morning.
- Follow this remedy daily for one or two weeks.
Scrubbing to heal cracked feet:-
Scrubbing the hard, dead skin away helps a great deal in getting rid of cracked feet. Before scrubbing, soak your feet in warm soapy water to help soften the skin and make it easier to scrub.
- Before going to bed, mix some liquid soap in a foot tub filled with warm water.
- Soak your feet in this warm soapy water for about 20 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to gently scrub off the loosened dead skin cells.
- Rinse off your feet with clean water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply some foot cream or moisturizer and wear a pair of clean cotton socks overnight.
- Follow this remedy daily until your cracked feet are healed completely.
Coconut Oil to heal cracked feet :-
Coconut oil is another incredible remedy for dry, cracked feet. It helps moisturize your feet and also fights fungal and bacterial infections, thanks to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Before going to sleep, soak your feet in warm water and scrub with a loofah.
- Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply coconut oil generously on your feet.
- Put on a pair of clean, cotton socks for the night.
- The next morning, remove the socks and wash your feet.
- Do this daily for several days until you are satisfied with the results.
You can also use olive oil in the same way.
Vinegar to heal cracked feet:-
Vinegar can also be used to treat cracked feet as the acetic acid in vinegar helps soften the skin which in turn makes exfoliation easier. Vinegar foot soaks are also beneficial for tired feet.
- Mix one-half to one cup of white or apple cider vinegar in two cups of water. Soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes and then slough off the dead, dry skin with a pumice stone or foot scrubber. Then, wash your feet and pat dry thoroughly. Finally, apply a moisturizer or petroleum jelly.
- Another option is to make a natural foot scrub. Mix a handful of coarse rice flour, a few tablespoons of raw honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil to it. Wash your feet well and then gently massage your feet with this paste for a few minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat once or twice a week.