Benefits Of Vanilla For Hair, Skin And Health
While eating an ice cream or a vanilla cake, have any of us ever wondered what this vanilla flavor is and where it comes from? Vanilla beans are obtained from the pods of vines that grow alongside walls or trees for support and are the only orchids that bear fruit. The pods of these vines are dried and cured, and the extract or the beans are sold as a powder or a liquid essence. These plants are native to Central America but are cultivated on all tropical lands around the world.
- Vanilla is rich in antioxidants which prevent and reverse skin damage caused by free radicals .
- It helps to slow down signs of ageing like fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- It is widely used in the cosmetic industry for its fragrance and anti-ageing benefits.
- Applying raw vanilla beans infused with organic oil imparts a great chocolaty fragrance besides making your skin smooth and soft.
Soothes Burns :-
- Vanilla has been used as a traditional remedy to heal burns, wounds and cuts.
- Concentrated vanilla extracts or essential oil should not be applied directly on recent burns.
- Topical treatments containing vanilla extracts might be helpful.
- It is advisable to consult your doctor before using any such home remedies for burns.
Promotes Healthy Skin :-
- Vanilla is a good source of B-vitamins like niacin, thiamin, Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid which play an important role in the maintenance of healthy skin.
- The antioxidant properties of vanilla protect your skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants and toxins . You can prepare a scrub to revive your skin from within.
- All you need to do is slice open 5 vanilla beans to scrape out its seeds.
- Add these seeds along with 3 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 drops vanilla essential oil to freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients and apply it on your face.
- Massage for a few minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Then, splash some cold water on your face.
Vanilla for Silky Hair :-
- Vanilla when mixed with other ingredients can make your hair silky, shiny and smooth.
- You can prepare a hair pack for this purpose. Melt about 4 oz. shea butter in a boiler.
- After it has fully melted, add 5 drops of vanilla essential oil and 2 tablespoons each of almond, jojoba and castor oils.
- After cooling, blend this mixture until it achieves a softer consistency.
- You can apply this mixture on your hair for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- This will make your hair soft and manageable without making it sticky.
- This mixture can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated for future use.
Heart Health :-
- Vanilla beans if used in the pure form contains good amounts of minerals namely potassium that is vital for heart health.
- It helps in the dilating the blood vessels for optimum blood flow and prevents blood clots to keep the heart healthy.
Dental Health :-
- The vanillin compound in the vanilla beans have anaesthetic properties that can provide some relief from toothaches and gum pain.
- It is also anti-inflammatory in nature and vanilla flavored water or milk can be drunk for reducing the soreness.
- People suffering from anxiety and depression can be greatly relieved by ingesting vanilla extracts/ beans dissolved in water.
- Vanilla oil also has its use in aromatherapy treatments and can help relaxing the nerves and calming the mind.
- The magnesium content in vanilla aids in optimal neural transmission and maintains nerve metabolic balance in the body.
Child Health :-
- Vanilla extract diluted in a glass of warm water can be administered to children who are suffering from fever or pain due to some illness.
- It also helps in treating digestive disorders, tooth pain, and fever, commonly suffered by children.
Nutrient Content :-
- Vanilla beans have calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium and B vitamins like niacin, thiamin, riboflavin and more.
- They help in controlling the metabolism and provide energy to the body and control functions of the heart, brain, nerves, and even bone health.